We are on the path to being recognized as the premier provider of innovative, cost-effective workers' compensation solutions for businesses located in over 16 states. Founded in 2006, we have maintained solid partnerships with our agents, underwriters, and policyholders by providing exceptional service and outstanding results.
As Normandy Insurance Company expands, we are on the lookout for talented, hardworking folks to join our Normandy family. If you'd like to be part of our great team, we'd love to hear from you. Below are the positions we currently employ for. Just fill out your information in the form below and attach your resume. If we have an opening, we'll be in touch.
Due to our national expansion, we are seeking an experienced Claims Manager to join our team. This person will directly supervise and manage Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjusters and their associated caseloads.
This position promotes effective management and oversight of a multi-state claims operation, designed to deliver significant value for our clients, strategic partners, and employees.
Nothing is routine at Normandy. Our differentiated approach to claims management is a refreshing departure from conventional workers’ compensation industry management models. Designed to drive balanced, positive claim outcomes in both human (clinical) and financial terms, our approach strives to ensure that all parties participating in the system, do well as a result of our doing good.
From first notice of an individual claim, through closure, the Claims Manager is responsible for the ongoing application of Normandy’s unique claims management practices in reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and guiding the work of Adjusters, to support appropriate claim focus and resolution.
This includes supervision and oversight of all aspects of individual claims management including medical, financial, litigation & administrative management as well as meeting statutory & regulatory compliance requirements.
· Create a claims team environment that strengthens and supports consistency in the application of Normandy’s unique culture, business model and practices, to make appropriate, merit-based, claim decisions and determinations.
· Perform direct supervision of the people and processes engaged in claims management, involving claims carrying medical and financial exposure ranging from first aid, -to excess of insurance exposure, in multiple states, using a 3-tiered supervision& oversight program of escalation, time-based claim reviews, and targeted, data-based reviews.
· Serve as quasi-account manager to key accounts, liaison/subject matter expert between claims operations and agents and other external parties, as well as across internal departments.
· Facilitate Normandy’s Adjuster training & education plan, communication plan, escalation practices, and other key initiatives as developed by leadership.
· Management of “people” processes including rewards and recognition, disciplinary matters, evaluating performance, time-off, and other matters critical to maintaining our culture, the satisfaction and enjoyment of the Normandy team.
· BA/BS degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of proven claims supervision/management, exclusively managing workers’ compensation claims, may be substituted for a degree.
· Workers’ Compensation experience in multiple states.
· Workers’ Compensation industry certifications, licenses, and designations as required.
· Broad knowledge of all aspects of workers’ compensation claims management to include medical management, financial management, e.g., reserving, settlements, recoveries, etc., litigation management, administrative management, e.g., desk management, diaries, etc., statutory and regulatory compliance.
· At least 5 years of experience managing/leading others is preferred.
· Manage by data & reports
· Analyze, think critically
· Be objective in decision-making
· Manage multiple people in highly technical roles and industry/environment
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects from conception to completion.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills; written, verbal required, presentation skills preferred
· Demonstrate excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
· Demonstrate moderate knowledge of Google business products, e.g., gmail, google calendar,etc.
This role requires moderate travel at approximately 15%, primarily to Boca Raton, Florida and work can be performed from a home office.
Normandy Insurance Company is a principle-based, high integrity Workers’ Compensation management organization dedicated to creating consistent and significant value for our clients, our employees and our strategic partners.
Our program, comprehensive and integrated by design, relies on the consistent execution of effective management of the entire workers’ compensation program. Whether operating as the “at risk” insurance carrier or a “service only” third-party administrator (TPA), Normandy takes responsibility for the overall program so the client doesn’t have to, and thereby can focus on their core business.
Mastery of the fundamentals, faithfully and ethically applied, is quite simply our success formula.
Our unprecedented success in Florida has allowed us to expand into a multi-state organization, bringing our unique approach to an ever-widening array of clients and communities. As Normandy grows in size and impact, one thing never changes; we believe that “we do well by doing good.”
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com